Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

I have no idea if it is configured properly, never used it. Have you read up on suphp? Have you done something to verify if it is working or not?

webserver_user=apache

I have added this configuration. But I don't know under which permission it is running.
    I have added this. I haven't too used this. but everyone recommended this to use.

EDIT

Example Configuration : suPHP - Documentation - suphp.conf-example

Is it good to use docroot=/

I will hazard a guess that the variable docroot has to be in a directory underneath the
    DocumentRoot, specified in the apache config file. You can get this variable with:

Code:
    grep ^DocumentRoot /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf
    For example, the RHEL/Fedora/CentOS default DocumentRoot for Apache is /var/www/html, so perhaps, you use that as your docroot. Or maybe make a subdir, and use that, e.g.:

Code:
    mkdir /var/www/html/php_scripts
    That's all just a guess, btw, if I were you I'd read up on suPHP - there's plenty of documentation online, it seems.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    you guessed correctly.
    I havent used much linux.

I am reading docs. But it is always good getting help from legend. So, I can secure the system to my best

If security is of importance, then you should definitely look into locking down your system with a firewall (CentOS comes with iptables), and also enable SELinux.

Red Hat provides great documentation for securing Enterprise Linux. They apply to CentOS. Here are two guides to check out:

Security Guide

Security-Enhanced Linux

Also don't forget to head over to the Security forum here when you hit road blocks.