Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
I have no idea if it is configured properly, never used it. Have you read up on suphp? Have you done something to verify if it is working or not?...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Trusted Penguin

I have no idea if it is configured properly, never used it. Have you read up on suphp? Have you done something to verify if it is working or not?

Just Joined!
    webserver_user=apache

I have added this configuration. But I don't know under which permission it is running.
    I have added this. I haven't too used this. but everyone recommended this to use.

EDIT

Example Configuration : suPHP - Documentation - suphp.conf-example

Is it good to use docroot=/

Trusted Penguin
    I will hazard a guess that the variable docroot has to be in a directory underneath the
    DocumentRoot, specified in the apache config file. You can get this variable with:

Code:
    grep ^DocumentRoot /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf
    For example, the RHEL/Fedora/CentOS default DocumentRoot for Apache is /var/www/html, so perhaps, you use that as your docroot. Or maybe make a subdir, and use that, e.g.:

Code:
    mkdir /var/www/html/php_scripts
    That's all just a guess, btw, if I were you I'd read up on suPHP - there's plenty of documentation online, it seems.

Just Joined!
    you guessed correctly.
    I havent used much linux.

I am reading docs. But it is always good getting help from legend. So, I can secure the system to my best

Trusted Penguin
    If security is of importance, then you should definitely look into locking down your system with a firewall (CentOS comes with iptables), and also enable SELinux.

Red Hat provides great documentation for securing Enterprise Linux. They apply to CentOS. Here are two guides to check out:

Security Guide

Security-Enhanced Linux

Also don't forget to head over to the Security forum here when you hit road blocks.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3