Find the answer to your Linux question:
A little help please, I am looking for a program that is similar to AnyDVD. What I am trying to do; Rip my DVD movies from the disk to my ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Question Program like AnyDVD

A little help please,

I am looking for a program that is similar to AnyDVD.

What I am trying to do;
    Rip my DVD movies from the disk to my hard drive using several of my mint linux PC's. To be able to remove any encryption or location information while doing it.

I do not want to encode them into a different format.

I do not want to compress them in any way.

The only thing I might want to do is remove any warnings or trailers that play at the beginning. But this is not necessary.

Let me know what's available, and which is the best to use. I have standard DVD's and BRD's.

Trusted Penguin
    Maybe K9Copy will do what you want?

In any event, for DVD ripping, you'll need the libdvdcss2 library (and kin). Finding and getting all the dependencies installed is the real trick. For some distros it is more straight-forward than for others.

You could use K9copy, but for what you say you want to do you could just copy the top level folder off the DVD onto your hard drive. If you have the codecs to play the DVD, you can play the folder.

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    I use dvdbackup. It is command-line based, but works very well to rip commercial DVD's, though you need to have the libdvdcss package installed to do that.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!