Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hey guys, so yesterday I installed Fedora 16 and succefully compiled FOX 1.6 library and then XFE 1.32.4. First problem: xfe could not have find libFOX-1.6.so.0 , so I added ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

XFE is not displaying icons

Hey guys,
    so yesterday I installed Fedora 16 and succefully compiled FOX 1.6 library and then XFE 1.32.4. First problem: xfe could not have find libFOX-1.6.so.0 , so I added path /usr/local/lib where my FOX library was located to /etc/ld.so.config. Now I can start xfe, the problem is that there are no icons. Well just look at the attachment. I tried change icon theme but didn't work, also i checked - and yes, there are .png files in theme directories. Is there something I could have done possibly wrong, or should I report this as bug ?

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Well, you need to add /usr/local/lib to your LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment in either your ~/.bash_profile, or in /etc/profile, or alternatively you need to configure the FOX library installation prefix to /usr instead of the default /usr/local.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Just Joined!
    Ok well I am not sure if this si really problem. As I mentioned, I already added path /usr/local/bin - I created file mylib.conf in /etc/ld.so.conf.d/ which contains /usr/local/bin - isn't that enought ? However, as you said, i tried export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib:${LD_LIBRARY_PATH} but xfe still starts with all those small 'PNG' icons just like before.