Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, i downloaded Open Office 3.3 few days the i tried installing it from terminal and graphically as well it keeps giving me splash screen and nothing happened. I don't ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Java issue Open Office

Hi,

i downloaded Open Office 3.3 few days the i tried installing it from terminal and graphically as well it keeps giving me splash screen and nothing happened. I don't know what happened yesterday i ran installer and it got installed. So the issue now is when i try to open any Open office application its giving me some kind of java error, i tried re-installing java but still getting java error and application are not launching. Please help...

Try launching the programs from the command line as a normal user and not root. Usually it will spit out useful error messages in the event of a crash. Please post the entire output including the command that you use.
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

Just Joined!
    hi error message is
    GC Warning: Repeated allocation of very large block (appr. size 512000):
    May lead to memory leak and poor performance.
    GC Warning: Repeated allocation of very large block (appr. size 25804:
    May lead to memory leak and poor performance.
    /opt/openoffice.org3/program/soffice: line 120: 9238 Segmentation fault (core dumped) "$sd_prog/$sd_binary" "$@"

That's not a java error, it's a segmentation fault. I can't really help you with that. Hopefully someone else will come along who can help.
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.