Find the answer to your Linux question:
Just got mandrake 9.2 powerpack up and running. Now I need to get my emails into one of the proggies, mozilla, galleon or kmail. I haven't used the email proggies ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

import email into Linux.

Just got mandrake 9.2 powerpack up and running.
    Now I need to get my emails into one of the proggies, mozilla, galleon or kmail.

I haven't used the email proggies very much so I haven't formed an opinion.

I have emails in Pocomail and earlier ones in Outlook Express V6.

I have tried exporting them and importing but none works.

Can it be done ?

Linux Engineer
    Well, although I use a desktop, I find that things like e-mail doesn't really require fancy programs such as kmail or even evolution. I'd use pine but hotmail doens't offer it's server information. If I had to use one, I'd probably configure Mozilla since it's easy to click on an e-mail link during websurfing.
    The best things in life are free.

Linux Guru
    Graphical email programs is one of the things which ties me to using a GUI, since I subscribe to some newsletters that are only sent in HTML format.
    I have come to like kmail. I don't like evolution, since I don't have any need for all the extra features, like scheduling and stuff. It might be a good thing if you actually need those features, but I don't. As for mozilla, it good be quite nice if it wasn't so unbelievably slow.
    kmail, on the other hand, is just an email program, which means that unlike evolution and mozilla, it is _only_ intended for email reading, and therefore has many useful features for that. I especially like its filtering capabilities (for a GUI program), although I could need some more options there, but it also has good support for handling MIME correctly, which is something that I _really_ appreciate.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Engineer
    Ah yes, the infamous HTML format through e-mails. I once was banned from a newsgroup (when I used Outlook, which handles mail through HTML format) and since then, I've learned my lesson. I guess I'm still traditional when it comes to e-mail. Plain ascii satisfies me.
    The best things in life are free.

Linux Guru
    Indeed, I too prefer ASCII messages of course, but these newsletters are only distributed in HTML format, so there's little to do about it.

Just Joined!
    Thanks, good info there, I'll investigate kmail.

Just Joined!
    As for importing your emails - do you access to an imap mail server? If so, simply connect to that using Outlook and move all your email onto that server. Then boot back into Linux and setup kmail/mozilla to use that imap server. Job done.