Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I'm trying to install Bugzilla and in the course of installing the prerequisites, I need to install Module::Runtime, but I keep coming up with this error: Code: Catching error: ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Perl/CPAN - Module::Runtime - Error during installation

Hi, I'm trying to install Bugzilla and in the course of installing the prerequisites, I need to install Module::Runtime, but I keep coming up with this error:

Code:
    Catching error: "Can't execute no install : No such file or directory at /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.8/CPAN/Module.pm line 479.\cJ" at /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.8/CPAN.pm line 392.                                                                                                                                
            CPAN::shell() called at /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.8/App/Cpan.pm line 295                                                                         
            App::Cpan::_process_options('App::Cpan') called at /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.8/App/Cpan.pm line 364
            App::Cpan::run('App::Cpan') called at /usr/bin/cpan line 11
    Actually, although I can install many modules without getting the error, there are some other modules (such as Params::Validate, which are also getting the same error).

Please see the full console output below.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Code:
    cpan[3]> install Module::Runtime
    Running install for module 'Module::Runtime'                                                                                                      
    Running Build for Z/ZE/ZEFRAM/Module-Runtime-0.013.tar.gz                                                                                         
    Prepending /root/.cpan/build/Module-Runtime-0.013-oHmVSF/blib/arch /root/.cpan/build/Module-Runtime-0.013-oHmVSF/blib/lib to PERL5LIB for 'get'   
      Has already been unwrapped into directory /root/.cpan/build/Module-Runtime-0.013-oHmVSF                                                         
    Prepending /root/.cpan/build/Module-Runtime-0.013-oHmVSF/blib/arch /root/.cpan/build/Module-Runtime-0.013-oHmVSF/blib/lib to PERL5LIB for 'make'  
      Has already been made                                                                                                                           
    Prepending /root/.cpan/build/Module-Runtime-0.013-oHmVSF/blib/arch /root/.cpan/build/Module-Runtime-0.013-oHmVSF/blib/lib to PERL5LIB for 'test'  
    Running Build test                                                                                                                                
      Has already been tested successfully                                                                                                            
    Running Build install                                                                                                                             
    Prepending /root/.cpan/build/Module-Runtime-0.013-oHmVSF/blib/arch /root/.cpan/build/Module-Runtime-0.013-oHmVSF/blib/lib to PERL5LIB for 'install'                                                                                                                                                 
    Catching error: "Can't execute no install : No such file or directory at /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.8/CPAN/Module.pm line 479.\cJ" at /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.8/CPAN.pm line 392.                                                                                                                                
            CPAN::shell() called at /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.8/App/Cpan.pm line 295                                                                         
            App::Cpan::_process_options('App::Cpan') called at /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.8/App/Cpan.pm line 364
            App::Cpan::run('App::Cpan') called at /usr/bin/cpan line 11

cpan[4]>
    I'm running CentOS 5 with kernel version 2.6.18-028stab095.1-ent on a VPS.
    Last edited by snowweb; 02-27-2012 at 12:55 AM. Reason: Add OS and server infor