Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi all, I'm running Arch Linux with KDE and I'm looking for a text editor that allows you to edit remote files, something similar to EditPlus on Windows. I'm looking ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Question Looking for FTP text editor

Hi all,

I'm running Arch Linux with KDE and I'm looking for a text editor that allows you to edit remote files, something similar to EditPlus on Windows. I'm looking for something that can save multiple FTP/SFTP sessions and has a tree for remote directory and file browsing. I've looked around and I can't find anything that seems to fit.

Does anyone know a piece of software that does this?

Linux Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Annorax View Post
    Hi all,

I'm running Arch Linux with KDE and I'm looking for a text editor that allows you to edit remote files, something similar to EditPlus on Windows. I'm looking for something that can save multiple FTP/SFTP sessions and has a tree for remote directory and file browsing. I've looked around and I can't find anything that seems to fit.

Does anyone know a piece of software that does this?
    I am not a windows user (never have used it) but when I want to edit a file on another machine, I use gvim (or vim). To open a file on the remote system, hostname, where the file is named "/home/user001/dir_level1/dir_level2/thisfile" would be done with a reference: