Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi everyone, I'm trying to build and install an application (called "cdec") Following the instructions I first call autoreconf -ifv and then ./configure --disable-gtest So far no error but when ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Libtool error during make

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to build and install an application (called "cdec")

Following the instructions I first call

autoreconf -ifv
    and then

./configure --disable-gtest
    So far no error but when i call

make
    I get the following error:

Making all in dpmert
    make[2]: Entering directory `/home/ccadmin/Documents/SMT/redpony-cdec-d4c89a1/dpmert'
    /bin/sh ../libtool --tag=CC --mode=link gcc -g -O2 -all-static -pthread -L/usr/local/lib -R/usr/local/lib -o sentserver sentserver.o -lboost_program_options-mt
    libtool: link: gcc -g -O2 -static -pthread -o sentserver sentserver.o -L/usr/local/lib -lboost_program_options-mt -pthread -Wl,-rpath -Wl,/usr/local/lib
    /usr/lib/gcc/i586-suse-linux/4.5/../../../../i586-suse-linux/bin/ld: cannot find -lboost_program_options-mt
    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
    make[2]: *** [sentserver] Error 1
    make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/ccadmin/Documents/SMT/redpony-cdec-d4c89a1/dpmert'
    make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/ccadmin/Documents/SMT/redpony-cdec-d4c89a1'
    make: *** [all] Error 2
    I've searched with google and read around abit but couldn't really find a solution.
    One site suggested that the -pthread library wasn't configured right and said to add "-pthread) continue;;" before "esac # case $deplib" in the file /usr/share/libtool/ltmain.sh but this didn't change anything.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time,
    ~Caerynlae

Just Joined!
    Which distro are you using? In Fedora you can install an package that sounds similar to yours (libmpcdec) directly via yum...