Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I'm trying to install Kate on my computer. I'm using Fedora core 13 and when I run make I get the following errors: Code: /usr/include/QtGui/qtabwidget.h: In constructor ‘KatePluginSearchView::KatePluginSearchView(Kate::MainWindow*, Kate::Application*)’: ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Problem with installing Kate

Hi,

I'm trying to install Kate on my computer. I'm using Fedora core 13 and when I run make I get the following errors:

Code:
    /usr/include/QtGui/qtabwidget.h: In constructor ‘KatePluginSearchView::KatePluginSearchView(Kate::MainWindow*, Kate::Application*)’:
    /usr/include/QtGui/qtabwidget.h:167: error: ‘QTabBar* QTabWidget::tabBar() const’ is protected
    /root/kde/kate/kate/plugins/search/plugin_search.cpp:172: error: within this context
    /usr/include/QtGui/qtabwidget.h:167: error: ‘QTabBar* QTabWidget::tabBar() const’ is protected
    /root/kde/kate/kate/plugins/search/plugin_search.cpp:194: error: within this context
    /usr/include/QtGui/qtabwidget.h: In member function ‘void KatePluginSearchView::addTab()’:
    /root/kde/kate/kate/plugins/search/plugin_search.cpp:754: error: within this context
    /usr/include/QtGui/qtabwidget.h: In member function ‘void KatePluginSearchView::closeTab(QWidget*)’:
    /root/kde/kate/kate/plugins/search/plugin_search.cpp:771: error: within this context
    make[2]: *** [kate/plugins/search/CMakeFiles/katesearchplugin.dir/plugin_search.o] Error 1
    make[1]: *** [kate/plugins/search/CMakeFiles/katesearchplugin.dir/all] Error 2
    make: *** [all] Error 2
    do you know what can be the problem?

Code:
    yum install kate
    should be enough.
    This installs kate from the repository.

If it is still available.
    And fedora 13 already had yum.
    fedora 13 is really old.
    You must always face the curtain with a bow.

It might not be available from the repos anymore.
    Fedora 13 reached End of Life in June of 2011.
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close