Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi am new in linux and i am an internet cafe owner i am trying to install the opkdekiosk-2-0-6 but during the (./configure and even in sh ./configure stage) i ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Error installing opkdekiosk-2.0.6

Hi am new in linux and i am an internet cafe owner i am trying to install the opkdekiosk-2-0-6 but during the (./configure and even in sh ./configure stage) i keep on getting this message...<configure: error: C++ preprocessor "/lib/cpp" fails sanity check
    See `config.log' for more details.>
    When i open the config log i got a lots and lots of letters number and which i could not understand being not a programmer myself.

Please need help really.

Just Joined!
    Since you are new to Linux, you might want to look for a binary install package of opkdekiosk for your distro, instead of attempting to compile from source. Save learning to compile for later.
    What distro are you using? Once we know that, somebody here will know where you can get a ready made package.

Most distros use either .deb or .rpm install packages. If you know the extension of your distro's packages, try googleing:
    opkdekiosk +.{extension}
    where {extension}=.deb or .rpm, or whatever your distro uses.

Other advantages of using a binary package, in addition to a much easier install, are your package manager will help fill any dependencies, and upgrades are easier to do later, as well.

Just Joined!
    Thanks for the answer sir. am using ubunto 10-10 the source code file extension is tar.gz this is an internet cafe timer sir.

Quote Originally Posted by jselover View Post
    Since you are new to Linux, you might want to look for a binary install package of opkdekiosk for your distro, instead of attempting to compile from source. Save learning to compile for later.
    What distro are you using? Once we know that, somebody here will know where you can get a ready made package.

Most distros use either .deb or .rpm install packages. If you know the extension of your distro's packages, try googleing:
    opkdekiosk +.{extension}
    where {extension}=.deb or .rpm, or whatever your distro uses.

Other advantages of using a binary package, in addition to a much easier install, are your package manager will help fill any dependencies, and upgrades are easier to do later, as well.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    I did some looking for opkdekiosk for ubuntu, but it appears opkdekiosk has not be changed since at least 2005. The version has been 2.0.6 since then. The reason you are having trouble with the compile is probably because the opkdekioask is out of date, and it is looking for old software that does not exist in Ubuntu 10.10.

I found an alternative version of ubuntu called Ubuntu Kiosk edition. It is designed for kiosks, and it may well be a better choice than trying to work with the old opkdekiosk.

See Ubuntu kiosk edition v1.0 | Jacob Steelsmith for more info.

Just Joined!
    Thanks a lot sir i will do it right awayyyy

Just Joined!

Internet cafe timer for linux finally.

Quote Originally Posted by warhead0003 View Post
    Thanks a lot sir i will do it right awayyyy
    Finally after a month of searching on internet cafe timer i finally have one. it's called mkahawa though i still need some good understanding on how to configure its feature at least its working.

here is the print screen i got on my desktop.

Screenshot.jpg

you can google the mkahawa.

now how can mark this as solved.
    Last edited by warhead0003; 04-02-2012 at 03:30 PM. Reason: to include in the text that this question is solved