Find the answer to your Linux question:
I'm studying for my CCNA cert from Cisco and use PuTTY (instead of hyperterminal) as my interface to connect with my routers. Everything was working fine until yesterday when I ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Need some help with PuTTY.

I'm studying for my CCNA cert from Cisco and use PuTTY (instead of hyperterminal) as my interface to connect with my routers. Everything was working fine until yesterday when I connect to my routers they run through start up and get to the point where the "Router>" prompt is supposed to show up and nothing. Hit enter, nothing, hit enter twice and nothing. It doesn't show up on any of my routers now. Two nights ago it worked perfectly. Anyone have any ideas why it is doing this.

I'm connecting through serial/COM1, running Windows XP.

Thanks in advance

Hello and welcome.
    You do realize, it is a bit odd to ask a question about a windows application on a windows platform in a linux forum?

Anyway, have you checked
    - physical connection and
    - serial port parameters on both sides?
    You must always face the curtain with a bow.

Just Joined!
    To be honest this is the only forum I could find so far that had any posts at all about PuTTY. So I figured I would take a chance.

But to answer your question, yes it is weird to ask it here.lol

Yes all my connections and parameters are good. Kinda weird that it works one day and 8 hours later it doesn't.

Anyway thanks for the reply and I will continue looking at the Windows sites to see if I can find an answer for this.

My next step would be to cross-check with hyperterminal and/or from another pc and/or connecting to a known good device (switch/router/different pc via serial/etc)
    You must always face the curtain with a bow.

Just Joined!
    I have tried all three routers and they all three worked two days ago. I will try with hyperterminal though and I do have another pc I can try also. Thanks for the ideas.

Just Joined!
    Problem is solved. I tried 3 other cables and it started working so i guess it was a bad connection. Thanks for your help.