Find the answer to your Linux question:
Does anyone know of a good application that serves as a Video and picture safe/vault?...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Video Safe?

Does anyone know of a good application that serves as a Video and picture safe/vault?

Are you just asking about encryption? If so there are quite a few options:
    https://help.ubuntu.com/community/FolderEncryption

I prefer Terminal but the GUI options are solid
    Bodhi 1.3 & Bodhi 1.4 using E17
    Dell Studio 17, Intel Graphics card, 4 gigs of RAM, E17

"The beauty in life can only be found by moving past the materialism which defines human nature and into the higher realm of thought and knowledge"

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by jmadero View Post
    Are you just asking about encryption? If so there are quite a few options:

I prefer Terminal but the GUI options are solid
    I would prefer to not have to deal with the terminal so I would prefer a pre-made application that is made as a video safe/vault. Thanks

Just Joined!
    There is a beta of Picasa for linux. It allows you to password protect files.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by gr0undzer0 View Post
    There is a beta of Picasa for linux. It allows you to password protect files.
    I just tried Picasa and it only puts a password on folders inside of the Picasa application, I was still able to navigate to where the file was and still open it without being prompted for a password. So it doesn't really password protect the file at all. Thanks for trying though.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by jigsaw1982 View Post
    I just tried Picasa and it only puts a password on folders inside of the Picasa application, I was still able to navigate to where the file was and still open it without being prompted for a password. So it doesn't really password protect the file at all. Thanks for trying though.
    Misunderstanding on my part.. though it was more of a view control to keep from opening them within picasa or having them come up radomly etc.

Have you thought about ziping/rar'ing the files with a password? Then you can use a viewer that lets you look a the pics within the zip but requires a password.

Just Joined!
    This answer just fell from the sky.. try TrueCrypt. I cant post the site but its a .org

Just Joined!
    Thanks for the true crypt suggestion. I tried it and it looks like its perfect. Thanks again =-)