Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I'm very interested in what content-filters people use with large amount of emails. Lets say I have 1000 mailboxes that needs to be checked for spam, what would be ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Best content-filter setup (spam-filter)

Hi,

I'm very interested in what content-filters people use with large amount of emails.

Lets say I have 1000 mailboxes that needs to be checked for spam, what would be the ultimate setup for this?
    The only thing I would require is to append [SPAM] to the subject if it's a positive and some whitelist/blacklist per domain.

Right now I'm running Maiamailguard with Postifx and to be honest Maia doesn't work very well and I want to change the entire content-filter setup to something more efficient.

Any recommendations?

I've used Spamassassin with sendmail for years, and it works pretty well. I don't think it's difficult to set up for postfix.
    One of the cool things about it is that it will learn heuristically if you feed spam and ham to its sa-learn program. It has whitelisting and blacklisting, and a ton of more aggressive rulesets available. Also can use a number of RBL services.