Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have installed evolution-ews 3.2.3 built from source on ubuntu 12.04. I can connect to my Exchange server and retrieve emails fine, but when I try to send, I am ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

evolution-ews won't send emails

I have installed evolution-ews 3.2.3 built from source on ubuntu 12.04. I can connect to my Exchange server and retrieve emails fine, but when I try to send, I am getting the error

"The user account which was used to submit this request does not have the right to send mail on behalf of the specified sending account."

I have spent hours chasing the issue, and I think it could be because my email account on the MS Exchange server has capital letters in it (eg. JSmith(at)organisation.com.au). Evolution seems to change the address to lowercase before sending SOAP messages. Can anyone verify this behaviour?

Is there any way to fix it? could it be something else?

Linux Newbie
    It would definitely be something else. Exchange authentication (assuming it is done via active directory) and authorization are not case sensitive with regard to username. What version of Exchange. I have had some tough times connecting to Exchange 2010

Can you access and send mail from a web mail login? I assume you are sending from your own mailbox.

Just Joined!
    Thanks Ktech11, I found the problem, its a bug in exchange 2007. I got help on gimpnet irc and patched evolution ews.

For anyone looking for the solution, ( I am too new to be allowed to post url's ) see this page using an https prefix: bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=664749

There are 2 patches for this issue, an early one on comment #8 and the final one on comment #11. I used the older, superseded patch as the later one would not patch evolution-ews 2.3.2 due to source code reorganization.
    Last edited by mp035; 05-22-2012 at 11:59 PM.