Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I have two questions: Whenever I type the exit command, I receive the following message [BTEP: PID=8204 exited with code: 0] exit And then it just hangs there. I ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Exit Command Doesn't Close Terminal Emulator Pro in Android

Hi,

I have two questions:

1. Whenever I type the exit command, I receive the following message

[BTEP: PID=8204 exited with code: 0]
      exit
      And then it just hangs there. I then have to go to the application's menu and close it. Is there a way to make it close completely whenever I type exit?
    2. Whenever I type clear or reset, the commands are still in the window. Is there a way inside the terminal to clear the scrollback, so I can't scroll back up to see it?

I'm using the Terminal Emulator Pro app for Android.

Thanks,

Rich

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Well, that exits you from the remote system shell, but doesn't terminate the terminal emulator program on you local machine. RTFM...
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubberman View Post
    Well, that exits you from the remote system shell, but doesn't terminate the terminal emulator program on you local machine. RTFM...
    Right. So, I just need a way to terminate the emulator. I tried making an alias of exit to terminate sh and bash using kill but it didn't work. It just hung there like before. I want the exit command to work like it does in most other Linux distros.

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    The problem is not with the emulator nor with the system. It is FAD (functioning as designed). There is undoubtedly a control key sequence that will put you into the emulator command mode. Then the "exit" or "quit" command will work. This is how telnet works. As for ssh (secure shell), that is actually a shell into the remote system, so an exit from the remote shell will also terminate your local interface. Telnet and other terminal emulators don't work that way.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!