Find the answer to your Linux question:
Do any of you happen to use a good movie collection/cataloging application under Linux that you would recommend to others? I've already tried Griffith, Tellico, and GCStar , but none ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    oz
    forum.guy

DVD / Blu-ray Movie Collection Software?

Do any of you happen to use a good movie collection/cataloging application under Linux that you would recommend to others?

I've already tried Griffith, Tellico, and GCStar, but none of them come close to DVD Profiler which is a Windows only app. I've also tried several online movie cataloging sites such as Blu-ray.com, DVD Aficionados, and a couple of others, but they aren't really what I'm look for, either. I know that DVD Profiler can be run under Linux using virtualization software, but I don't want to do that if it is avoidable, and I'm not interested in dual-booting or running Wine if there are any other good options available.

Thanks for any suggestions!
    oz

I had the same experience, trying exactly the apps you listed.

If you have an android device, then maybe you find Shelves acceptable.

You can try it for free and should you like it, then it doesnt cost that much to "unlock" (2,89euro == 3,65dollar)
    It is a relatively simple app and some features are missing.
    - You cannot export as xml, html or anything fancy.
    - The only way to export is to copy a dumped textfile via usb connection.
    - No connection to any cloud, so also no autosync between multiple devices / instances of shelves.

On the bright side:
    - adding stuff via barcode scanning works fast and reasonably well
    - it will fetch images, plots, actors, etc for movies
    - any shelf (there is one for movies, one for music, one for tools, etc) has three sub-shelves: my collection, wishlist, lent to someone
    You must always face the curtain with a bow.

oz
    forum.guy
    Thanks for the info, Irithori. I only have one Android device and it's a tablet that I hardly ever use so Shelves probably isn't a good option for me at the current time. I might end up doing the virtualization option, but don't really like running Windows. Otherwise, I'm probably stuck with one of the online movie collections options. If I find something really good, I'll post back should you still be looking for good alternatives.
    oz