Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
I'm having trouble installing the application "text analysis". I'm running Lubuntu 12.04. I'm following the instructions to build from source, shown here: sourceforge.net/userapps/trac/kostia76/wiki/BuildFromSource I have the system requirements JDK 7 ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Installing text-analysis on Lubuntu

I'm having trouble installing the application "text analysis". I'm running Lubuntu 12.04.

I'm following the instructions to build from source, shown here: sourceforge.net/userapps/trac/kostia76/wiki/BuildFromSource

I have the system requirements JDK 7 and Tomcat 7.

The terminal commands go smoothly. Near the end of the process it says to run "firefox reports/junit.html" and that the results are supposed to be green. But the chart is colored orange, with no green anywhere.

I skip over it anyway, and run the final command, "ant create.dist".

And that's it. No way to open it, no icon or desktop file. I have the files in the directory, but I can't do anything with them.

Anyone have any ideas? I know enough to follow terminal directions, but don't have a lot of understanding of what's happening under the hood, so try and keep any response simple if you can. Thanks.
    Last edited by travis39; 07-16-2012 at 05:21 AM. Reason: typo

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Just because you installed jdk 7.x does not mean that it is now your default Java installation. You can have multiple java versions installed, and sometimes it is a PITA to get the correct one working with your stuff. Post the output of the command "ls -l /usr/java" as well as the command "ls -l /usr/bin/java" here.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Just Joined!
    output of "ls -l /usr/java"
    ls: cannot access /usr/java: No such file or directory

output of "ls -l /usr/bin/java"
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 22 May 12 11:35 /usr/bin/java -> /etc/alternatives/java

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Ok. Now post the output of the command "java -version".

Just Joined!
    java version "1.6.0_24"
    OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea6 1.11.3) (6b24-1.11.3-1ubuntu0.12.04.1)
    OpenJDK Server VM (build 20.0-b12, mixed mode)

Well, this is not Java 7 - it is Java 6. How did you install the package? Where did you get it from?

Just Joined!
    I think I got it from the Java website. I thought I installed Java 7 from Syaptic. Looking again it looks like I have something called OpenJDK Java 7 Policy Tool. I guess that's not the same as Java 7? Checking on Java.com, the verification tool says I have Version 6 Update 24. I'll try upgrading and let you know if that helps.

Yes. You want to get Java 7 from the Oracle web site: Java Downloads for All Operating Systems and install that. You may have to update the symbolic links in /usr/bin to point to the Java 7 installation, which should end up in /usr/java.

Just Joined!
    I'm running into trouble installing Java 7. I'm following the directions at java.com/en/download/help/linux_install.xml

I input the following: % tar zxvf jre-7u<version>-linux-i586.tar.gz
    and get this in response: bash: fg: %: no such job

I don't know where to go next.

Just Joined!
    Correction. I input: % tar zxvf jre-7u5-linux-i586.tar.gz

...but still get the same response (It's step 4 on the java.com instructions page)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast