Find the answer to your Linux question:
I'm looking for a cross platform ebook creator that will create ebooks from webpages and then create a self contained environment for that book. In windows we would call this ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

looking for cross platform ebook creator

I'm looking for a cross platform ebook creator that will create ebooks from webpages and then create a self contained environment for that book. In windows we would call this a self executing container. Like a PDF just without having the external PDF reader and the ability to open and read the book in both windows and Linux.

Does anyone know of such an app or other solution to achieve these same results?

Thanks

I think you may be looking for Cailbre. It runs on doze and *nix (not sure about apple). I can take a web page, captuer the info, click a couple of buttons and put it on my ereader. I haven't done it in a while. But, IIRC, it will output pdf, txt and one of the open source e book formats (don't remember which one).

I'm not sure what you mean by "self contained environment" but lots of progarms will open pdf and txt and you can read those and the e book version inside Calibre.