Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have created an HVM of Solus OS with the config below. I have two problems with it. I'm not sure if my problem is with the distro or limitations ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Question Xen HVM boot issue / Resolution question

I have created an HVM of Solus OS with the config below. I have two problems with it. I'm not sure if my problem is with the distro or limitations of Xen or a config file problem.

Problems:
    1. No matter how much videoram I add I can not get higher then 1024x768 resolution. You will note that I'm using the svga=1 switch and that on Xen's site it states it is possible to reach much higher resolutions. (I've tried connecting to the machine using tigervnc and the virt-manager console.

2. This is the first time that I created the config file myself without any help from a manager and installation was a breaze. I can even reboot and push enter in the cd boot menu to select boot from hdd and it loads just fine through Grub. I retain all my settings / partitions. BUT if I remove the boot to cd option and just boot from HDD the distro hangs at the Grub loader. It just says welcome to GRUB and sits there.

Config:

kernel = "hvmloader"
    memory = 2000
    name = "Solus0S"
    vcpus=2

disk = [ 'phy:serv0fs/vm_Solus,hda,w', 'file:/home/gr0undzer0/serv0fs/Media/Install Images/SolusOS-AMD64-1-1.iso,hdc:cdrom,r' ]

boot="cd" //this is currently set like this but as part of my troubleshooting I have tried just "c" So far the boot loader only works if I load "dc" and then click boot from hdd option

stdvga=1
    videoram=128 //I tried 16 and 32
    Last edited by gr0undzer0; 08-07-2012 at 09:57 PM. Reason: additional info