Find the answer to your Linux question:
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By CaptainDangeax
  • 1 Post By MikeTbob
I downloaded Firestorm for Linux (Hm, I wasn't allowed to give the site from where I downloaded it because I don't have 15 posts or more)and I unpacked it and ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Firestorm for Linux Installation.

I downloaded Firestorm for Linux (Hm, I wasn't allowed to give the site from where I downloaded it because I don't have 15 posts or more)and I unpacked it and when I go on the icon firestorm and try to open it in terminal, it's not running the game and says there's no such file or directory.
    WHYYOUNOSAVE.jpg I was surprised because I was running Imprudence for the same game (Second Life) that way on my Linux for all summer and some part of the previous year (My Linux - Ubuntu, 12.04, 64-bit). Then I went on the 'install' icon and first I get a message that asks if I want to install (Y/N):
    blahblahblah.jpg and I go 'Y' on it and later everything stops here. Because I closed it the last time it writes now:
    - Backing up previous installation on /home/emma/firestorm.backup-2012-09-18
    - Installing to /home/emma/firestorm
    another one.jpg And the story ends here. I don't know what to do. Should I wait? Should I write something? I don't know. I really don't know. I wonder if I need to write something in terminal or is there any Sudo code or how it is called to write in, in new terminal or stuff?

please sorry for any typing mistakes.
    I hope you can help me,
    I would be delighted to hear from you soon,
    Emma.

Linux Newbie
    What do you mean by "the story ends here" ? Does the install complete and give you the control back ? Or do you need to CTRL+C your terminal ?
    EmmaArashi likes this.

Just Joined!
    ''No such file or directory'' I get this over and over, because after that it makes new, almost the same folder in ''Home'' but when I try to run the game I get that as I said before ''No such file or directory''

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Did you try running the installer in a terminal/konsole window as sudo or su - ? Have you tried reading the install or readme files? You can post a link but you need to remove the http :// www part and just throw the name out there like linuxforums . org, just mash it up a little bit so we can see what you have. Click the links in my sig for hints, tips and just general forum knowledge.
    EmmaArashi likes this.
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

Just Joined!
    I tried to run it in terminal as sudo. I always read the readme files but they show things about the game after you install it and nothing or nothing useful of how to install it. But doesn't matter now, I use other browser for the game I need, anyway thanks a lot for your help