• Cedega

1 12.50%
  • WineX

1 12.50%
  • Neither

1 12.50%
  • Run windows on windows

5 62.50%
Hmm wondering if anyone has used Cedega (previously known as winex) to run windows applications of it...I know you can run a few... but if anyone has sucessfully managed to ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Cedega 4

Hmm wondering if anyone has used Cedega (previously known as winex) to run windows applications of it...I know you can run a few... but if anyone has sucessfully managed to run a lot of applications.. please could you tell me if you added any windows dll's to the windows directory. It works pretty good with games but sadly ATI DONT HAVE 3d support right now... software rendering only game running right now is unreal goty

Adios and out from ur fav noob
    Noob Version: 4 beta still in development

Re: Cedega 4

Quote Originally Posted by apox77
    ATI DONT HAVE 3d support right now
    ATI does have 3D support right now. It just sucks horribly.

I use neither. Most of my gaming takes place on a console, so I don't have a reason to use cedega. On my PC I play any number of the awesome Open-Source games availaible (http://www.happypenguin.org) or games from companies good enough to write Linux clients (namely: Neverwinter Nights).

Using things such as cedega, IMHO, hurt our chances of ever getting good Linux support from major game developers. I would rather do without than buy their game just to have it run sub-par in cedega.
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime, doubly so."
    ~Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Just Joined!
    Does Ati support 3d graphics on fedora core with xorg 6.8 and up...?
    Last time i checked their website they didnt support em... thts y there's a petition goin on...

Quote Originally Posted by apox77
    Does Ati support 3d graphics on fedora core with xorg 6.8 and up...?
    Last time i checked their website they didnt support em... thts y there's a petition goin on...
    According to this announcement on LinuxGames, the next set of ATI drivers *should* have support for Xorg 6.8, however they won't be released until somewhere around mid-January.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Linux Engineer
    I answered "windows should stay on windows" (or whatever was written) for the simple fact that, it's not cause in runs on linux that it's going to be bugless!

Nevertheless, I hope that ATI comes with a proper driver for linux otherwise, since more and more people make the switch, they will start losing many many customers. And since money is surely there 1st priority, losing customers isn't the way of doing business
    \"Meditative mind\'s is like a vast ocean... whatever strikes the surface, the bottom stays calm\" - Dalai Lama
    \"Competition ultimatly comes down to one thing... a loser and a winner.\" - Ugo Deschamps

Just Joined!
    Yea Good 2 see ATI noticed that Windows isn't all they've got ... hopefully the rest of the developers will realise the vast influence linux has on users today who are gradually using it or using it with windows side by side on a dual boot or watever... the fact is that developers have to learn that micros oft won't be around forever.

I used Cedega 4.1 (found free rpm via google, which is legal cuz they were built from the free source via CVS)

Linux Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by linkinp4rk410
    I used Cedega 4.1 (found free rpm via google, which is legal cuz they were built from the free source via CVS)
    Can you post that link?
    Jeremy
    Registered Linux user #346571
    "All The Dude ever wanted was his rug back" - The Dude

if i can find it again sure!

here's one, not the one i had though:
    http://linux.alhimia.ru/pub/linux/em...ega/4.1.1-1.1/

i still have the rpm i downloaded if i can find something to upload it to, i shall. someone have a file server they'd let me use?