Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello everyone i rent a dedicated server that using centos 6...I'm going to browse through the internet with that.can anyone tell me, is there any way to install and use ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

is there any way to install and use firefox remotely on centos?

Hello everyone
    i rent a dedicated server that using centos 6...I'm going to browse through the internet with that.can anyone tell me, is there any way to install and use firefox remotely on centos?
    tnx

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    What do you mean by "remotely"? Do you mean you are in one place and the system where you want to run FF is elsewhere? If so, then there are two ways. One is to ssh with the -X (X11 passthrough) from your local machine to the remote system, and then start FF on the remote system - the output will show up on your local system (I do this all the time). The other way is to enable VNC (Virtual Network Computing) on the remote system, and connect to the console, or a virtual console (GUI) on the remote system from your local one. My preference is for the first option - it is more secure.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Just Joined!
    U exactly underestand my point...can u explain it step by step? from installing ff until running...thanks...i'm so newbie in linux

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Quote Originally Posted by nimait70 View Post
    U exactly underestand my point...can u explain it step by step? from installing ff until running...thanks...i'm so newbie in linux
    Ok... ?

What is your local system? Is it Linux, or Windows? Step one: can you connect to the remote system using ssh (command-line from Linux, use Putty if from Windows)?
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Just Joined!
    my local system is using windows 7 service pack 1...yes i can connect to the remote system(centos 6) via ssh...
    i already using utorrent server remotely(gui) but i don't know how use FF like this!!
    please teach me the both way you told before...thank u very much