Find the answer to your Linux question:
I used Portable Apps back when I used Windows, now I use Linux and it doesn't work since it uses the .exe file. I'm having some issues with Powerpoint opening ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Any program like PortableApps that works with Linux out there?

I used Portable Apps back when I used Windows, now I use Linux and it doesn't work since it uses the .exe file. I'm having some issues with Powerpoint opening LibreOffice Impress files, but Libre works just fine opening P.P files so I want to put LIbre on a flash drive. If you know of a program that does this I'll be grateful

Just Joined!
    Sharpghost6,
    Wine is capable of running Windows executables, so if you're looking for something to run Windows programs, that would be it. If you're just looking to put a program on a flash drive, you can get the appimage for Libreoffice (I found a download link, but it's broken. It's easy enough to make your own appimage for just about anything, there might even be a tutorial already out there for Libreoffice). The appimage can be run from most of the famous GNU/Linux distros (Ubuntu, Fedora, OpenSUSE, etc.). You might also want to keep the Windows PortableApp and the Mac app for Libreoffice so you can access your documents from any of the most popular operating systems.