Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello, i am on centos, i did a yum update but says apache is updated. i need to upgrade apache to the latest version, does anyone know where i get ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Question update apache centos 64bit

Hello, i am on centos, i did a yum update but says apache is updated.

i need to upgrade apache to the latest version, does anyone know where i get the latest apache rpm or how to force update apache?

If yum says apache is updated, then you are most likely set.
    On an enterprise distribution like redhat/centos you dont aim for the most recent,
    but rather for a tested and stable version.

That's why the versions of e.g. apache, tomcat, etc do not change but there are multiple revisions:
    and redhat/centos will instead backport security patches.

The only reason for the latest version of apache would be, if you need new features, imho.
    And if that is the case: You can rebuild the rpm from its spec, but you also take over maintenance of that package.
    You must always face the curtain with a bow.

Just Joined!
    What version of CentOS are you using?

I can understand you wanting the latest version. However, a bit of a disclaimer. On a production server I would not recommend using 2.4 ...yet. However, to answer your question...

For 2.4 Apache on CentOS you can create a RPM as described here: httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/platform/rpm.html

My preference is always to compile from source.

Keep in mind Irithori's advice. Do you have very specific reasons for needing to upgrade Apache?