Find the answer to your Linux question:
I'm using Impress since I don't have Powerpoint for school and the teacher usually has us print in the "handouts" forum, I think 9 per page and black and white. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Question about printing on Libre Impress

I'm using Impress since I don't have Powerpoint for school and the teacher usually has us print in the "handouts" forum, I think 9 per page and black and white. Can impress do this? I'm just learning how to use it

Yes it can

It's quite simple Sharpghost6.

There are a set of tabs labeled Normal, Outline, Notes Handout, Slide Sorter.

Click Handout.

The default is 6 slides to a page.

On the right hand side is a window titled 'Tasks' with selections titled Master Pages, Layouts, Table Design, etc.

Select Layouts.

From there click on the 9 slides per page layout.

That's it.

With OO v1 and you used to be able to change the size and spacing of the handout slides which was a fantastic feature for a couple of my clients (their slides were quite complicated and the default slide size made most of them hard to read) but sadly that feature was removed by a developer in order to be more in line with how Powerpoint works (what was that guy thinking?!). The two clients have since stopped using OO for that and various other compatibility reasons.

Hope this helps.

Cheers.

Update: I hadn't used this feature in several years so I decided to try it with the latest 3.6 LibreOffice and was happy to see that this feature is back in the product!

Also a note on printing the handouts. When you select File -> Print... you'll see a drop down for Document showing the default of Slides. Change that to Handouts.

Cheers.
    Last edited by bcsi; 10-09-2012 at 02:15 PM. Reason: Additional info and correction