Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am new to this forum and I hope I didn't make a mistake posing my question here. Anyways, I am definitely a mint newbie. I have used Mint in ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Smile installing Tellico catalog software in windows

I am new to this forum and I hope I didn't make a mistake posing my question here.

Anyways, I am definitely a mint newbie. I have used Mint in a virtual machine (virtualbox) for quite some time, so I am pretty familiar with mint.

In terms of programming and stuff I don't know much of anything. I have however learned to compile Tellico, the collection manager within mint.

My question however, is about being able to run Tellico without a full operating system like Mint and needing to run a virtual machine to do so.

I am wondering if anyone here has successfully compile tellico in KDE for windows, or if it is even possible?

By doing so I could certainly eliminate a lot of steps needed to run just one piece of software, which is really the only thing I run in Mint.

The developer has no plans to develop Tellico for Windows, so is there a fairly simple application which can run Tellico in windows? I have the 64-bit system, so using something like andLinux of CoLinux is ruled out.

I do hope someone here with more expertise may have some ideas or suggestions or will I simply need to run Mint in a Virtual Machine on my Windows 7 system?

Any help or tips is appreciated.

Thanks for letting me be a part of this community!
    Shawn

Trusted Penguin
    Hello and welcome!

I'm sure you've already come across the KDE 4 on Windows project, but in my quick hunting, I did not turn up Tellico packages for it.

I know that Cygwin (a kind of Linux environment inside of Windows) had a KDE port at one time, though it appears that they've since abandoned to make way for the aforementioned KDE for Windows. You may be able to install an older version of Cygwin that is able to run Tellico ported for it. Tellico is definitely on a list of ported packages here:

ftp://sourceware.org/pub/cygwinports/portslist.txt

I also see it here:

http://artfiles.org/cygwin.org/pub/c...2/KDE/tellico/

Good luck!