Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi all, I haven't created webpages for several years. Please recommend an Open Source application for web design with "What you see is what you get" feature. Google search brought ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Guru

About designing webpage

Hi all,

I haven't created webpages for several years.

Please recommend an Open Source application for web design with "What you see is what you get" feature. Google search brought me many. It is NOT easy for me to select. TIA

B.R.
    satimis

Linux Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by satimis View Post
    Hi all,

I haven't created webpages for several years.

Please recommend an Open Source application for web design with "What you see is what you get" feature. Google search brought me many. It is NOT easy for me to select. TIA

B.R.
    satimis
    Hi

You may have a look at "AMAYA". At least the code generated is W3C compliant.

CptDgx

Linux Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainDangeax View Post
    Hi

You may have a look at "AMAYA". At least the code generated is W3C compliant.

CptDgx
    Hi,

Thanks for your advice.

I only want to create/maintain a simple website for myself without much commercial value.

On googling I found several online websites for creating webpages. Has any folk been using online website creating webpages? Please share me your experience. TIA

B.R.
    satimis

Linux Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by satimis View Post
    Hi,

Thanks for your advice.

I only want to create/maintain a simple website for myself without much commercial value.

On googling I found several online websites for creating webpages. Has any folk been using online website creating webpages? Please share me your experience. TIA

B.R.
    satimis
    Hello again.

I'm using Jimdo for a professionnal use. It's not free though, but it's my business. Online editors do have online hosting and DNS hosting, and it's difficult to keep it free (like in free beer).

Linux Guru
    You might check the link below which has reviews of a number of editors listed by the reviewers ranking of them. The only one I've used is Kompozer which seemed OK but as you can see in the review, it hasn't been updated in 5 years.

Best Linux/UNIX HTML Editors - The Best Linux/UNIX HTML Editors Both WYSIWYG and Text