Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi Guys Please let me know that ever since i have install fedora 17 my firefox browser in it i think is working incorrectly. net is working but it opens ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Firefox site not opening problem in Fedora17

Hi Guys

Please let me know that ever since i have install fedora 17 my firefox browser in it i think is working incorrectly. net is working but it opens 50 % sites not opening shows not found working on win 7 but whars that problem.it there any problem in firefox, how to overcome this prob.
    thanks.
    Pls help.

Trusted Penguin
    Hey,

Have you tried a different browser?

Do you have any plug-ins/extensions installed that might be interfering? If so, try starting FF in safe mode.

Can you list a few sites that are exhibiting the problem?

For these sites, can you properly resolve the domain names in a terminal? e.g.:
    Code:
    ping www.google.com
    nslookup www.google.com
    host www.google.com

Just Joined!
    Google is opening , but when i am opening say ten best linux softwares or some other search on any keywords:
    it shows the list now i do->right click open in new tab -> it opens first link then does not open the third one and say i open 6 links 2 open up but four dont. same with opera same thing, searches in google or other its skipping around 50 % links says not found.

I installe my wireless using : yum install broadcom-wl command and i think my broadcom is Broadcom :43xx series, is it right choice or not.

I am fed up thinking to uninstall it then install Linux mint or ubuntu(but its crashes a lot of application that i install it).

Thanks.

it there any problem in firefox,
    I don't think so. I'm using FireFox-12.0 with Fedora-17 . I haven't seen that issue so far.
    First they ignore you,Then they laugh at you,Then they fight with you,Then you win. - M.K.Gandhi
    -----
    FOSS India Award winning ext3fs Undelete tool www.giis.co.in. Online Linux Terminal http://www.webminal.org

Just Joined!
    But the point is that if i am seeing these things where could be the problem and how to sort it out. I also do not know why its happening like that...

Trusted Penguin
    It sounds more like flaky internet connectivity than a Firefox issue. How are you connecting to the internet?