Find the answer to your Linux question:
I do not get to share files on ubuntu. I tried all versions and all distributions, I installed samba, selected folders to share, but nothing, still missing the team that ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

can't see remote pc's in my net

I do not get to share files on ubuntu. I tried all versions and all distributions, I installed samba, selected folders to share, but nothing, still missing the team that I want to connect. The network is well physically since in Windows if you can, and also in linux also connects to the Internet. But I can not access another computer connected to my router miso, see if you can help me to configure it, or if there is a distribution to implement it by default because not just me that has this problem,

thank you very much in advance and best regards!

Linux Guru
    You are not really clear on what you are trying to do. Sharel files on Ubuntu with what? You mention windows and samba. Do you have a network with one Ubuntu system and one windows or mulitple of each. Are these local computers, all in your home or in one building on a LAN. Post a few more details on what you are trying to do.

Just Joined!
    i have two computeres, both with ubuntu. I have them connected on a lan, by a router. I have internet access but i ccan't see the computers when i clicke the network icon. I tryed everything, istallling all linux versions, and installed samba, but i haven't got sucessfull results.

Linux Guru
    nfs is commonly used to network Linux computers. See the link below for instructions on how to use it on Ubuntu.

https://help.ubuntu.com/12.04/server...le-system.html