Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am a regular Mint/Ubuntu user - however I have just been given a Portuguese "Magalhaes" School netbook. Loaded on to this machine is Windows XP and Linux CaixaMagica software. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Linux CAIXAMAGICA ( Portugal )

I am a regular Mint/Ubuntu user - however I have just been given a Portuguese "Magalhaes" School netbook. Loaded on to this machine is Windows XP and Linux CaixaMagica software.
    I have successfully converted the XP operating system language to English, but I have several unresolved questions about the CaixaMagica which do not fall into my normal Ubuntu/Mint knowledge.
    My questions are :- is it possible to change the system language to English, how do I access the system and preferences menus to enable me to get to terminal, synaptic and so on. I understand that the default password for limiting access is :- pte2010 - how can I change this.And lastly if it were necessary, how can I uninstall CaixaMagica and replace it with Ubuntu.

You need to set the system language LANG to English at boot. CaixaMagica is based on Debian so it probably has a file in the /etc directory called something like locale or locale.conf containing a setting for LANG. Replace the line by "LANG=en.GB.utf8"

You can change the root password by logging in as root with the existing password and using the passwd command. eg:
    passwd NewPassWord.
    "I'm just a little old lady; don't try to dazzle me with jargon!"
    www.hrussman.entadsl.com

Just Joined!
    Brilliant - thank you - problems now resolved.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close