Find the answer to your Linux question:
Downloaded the 5.0.1 opensource 64 bit Qt .run file. Executing it gives: ./qt-linux-opensource-5.0.1-x86_64-offline.run: /usr/lib64/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.15 not found (required by ./qt-linux-opensource-5.0.1-x86_64-offline.run) strings /usr/lib64/libstdc++.so.6 | grep GLIBCXX returns: GLIBCXX_3.4 GLIBCXX_3.4.1 GLIBCXX_3.4.2 ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Centos 6.3 64 bit Qt Install; GLIBCXX_3.4.15 not found

Downloaded the 5.0.1 opensource 64 bit Qt .run file. Executing it gives:

./qt-linux-opensource-5.0.1-x86_64-offline.run: /usr/lib64/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.15 not found (required by ./qt-linux-opensource-5.0.1-x86_64-offline.run)

strings /usr/lib64/libstdc++.so.6 | grep GLIBCXX returns:

GLIBCXX_3.4
    GLIBCXX_3.4.1
    GLIBCXX_3.4.2
    GLIBCXX_3.4.3
    GLIBCXX_3.4.4
    GLIBCXX_3.4.5
    GLIBCXX_3.4.6
    GLIBCXX_3.4.7
    GLIBCXX_3.4.8
    GLIBCXX_3.4.9
    GLIBCXX_3.4.10
    GLIBCXX_3.4.11
    GLIBCXX_3.4.12
    GLIBCXX_3.4.13
    GLIBCXX_FORCE_NEW
    GLIBCXX_DEBUG_MESSAGE_LENGTH

libstdc++ is latest version according to yum. Any insight into a solution?

Trusted Penguin
    Hi,

So I guess there is some reason you don't want to use the Qt-4.6.x that comes with CentOS 6?

It seems what you've got is a binary from Qt that is compiled for a later version of glibc. I see some builds here, but none for CentOS unfortunately.

Just Joined!
    Working with a buddy who's using 5.0.1 on Windows, figured it made sense to upgrade. While it's ultimately non-critical, I do have an itch to solve this problem!

Managed to snag an unofficial version of gcc 4.7.0 for CentOS which I assume would come with a more recent libstdc++. gcc -v shows that I am in fact on 4.7.0, I don't think the libstdc++ has linked correctly (it's sitting in some dir in /opt) as I'm still getting the same GLIBCXX error as above.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Trusted Penguin
    As it is non-critical, if I were you, I'd wait until there is a CentOS (or RHEL) package for Qt 5. If I really needed it, I'd probably get an Ubuntu box up to run it, as that seems to be supported.

Still, if you're feeling wily, there are instructions on how to install it from Git here. You can use the Fedora-specific instructions where applicable, as it does not include CentOS/RHEL instructions.

Just Joined!
    The more I think about it, the more I can see things getting unnecessarily messy by mixing Qt versions. Tried to install from Git but was foiled by the sys reqs, up-to-date perl on my system is still too low. I guess I'll go for Ubuntu! Thanks.

Trusted Penguin
    Quote Originally Posted by ludvig View Post
    The more I think about it, the more I can see things getting unnecessarily messy by mixing Qt versions.
    That would be my main concern, too.

I guess I'll go for Ubuntu!
    I'll go ahead and close this thread. If you have troubles with the Ubuntu Qt install, don't hesitate to head over and make a new post.