Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have tried a few recoding softwares, but have not gotten them all to work the way I needed them to work. So what I want to do is play ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Best Gamer Recording Software?

I have tried a few recoding softwares, but have not gotten them all to work the way I needed them to work. So what I want to do is play games on Steam, and record them. Along with that, I want the sound of the game to be recorded also with the gameplay. The ones I have ise so far (recordmydesktop, kazam) did now work the way I wanted, but I may have done something wrong there. I want to know what is the best software for recording games with good quality along with the sounds in the game.
    Does anyone have any suggestions for me.

oz
    forum.guy
    Hello

I don't believe there is any app that everyone would agree is the best, but you can find some video capture application options to experiment with here:

Video Capture | Linux App Finder

Keep in mind that it's usually best to install any that you want to try with your default package tool rather than installing them from source, whenever possible.
    oz

Linux Guru
    You need java, a account, and is only good for 5 minute recordings. No need to install anything but Java.

Back when I made that. Previous versions of screenr were not linux compatible. We complained enough to where they made
    it compatible with Linux. I made sure my mic was on when I made that recording using "AntiX, Red Robin" playing in Goggles Music Manager .

I made that video as a test and learning experience. Just another option outside of using software. Pentium 1.2 ghz, 1gig of ram, IBM t23 Laptop was what I made that on.

Screenr - roktnji: AntiX redux

You can also look up ffmpeg scripts online to do what you want done also.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by rokytnji View Post
    You need java, a account, and is only good for 5 minute recordings. No need to install anything but Java.

Back when I made that. Previous versions of screenr were not linux compatible. We complained enough to where they made
    it compatible with Linux. I made sure my mic was on when I made that recording using "AntiX, Red Robin" playing in Goggles Music Manager .

I made that video as a test and learning experience. Just another option outside of using software. Pentium 1.2 ghz, 1gig of ram, IBM t23 Laptop was what I made that on.

Screenr - roktnji: AntiX redux

You can also look up ffmpeg scripts online to do what you want done also.
    Thanks, I never heard of that website before. However, I do need a screen caster that can record more than 5 minutes long.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by oz View Post
    Hello

I don't believe there is any app that everyone would agree is the best, but you can find some video capture application options to experiment with here:

Video Capture | Linux App Finder

Keep in mind that it's usually best to install any that you want to try with your default package tool rather than installing them from source, whenever possible.
    I could not really find one that would be good for recodring games. So, this is my conclusion. I have 2 options.
    1.) I can get Windows in a Virtual Box and use screen casting software on Windows, because there is better and more varity software for Windows at the moment. This will also be good for me because there is other software that I need that is only for Windows like CAD software that Autodesk only make for Windows. This will not be cheap however. Windows 8 is $120.00.

2.) I could record the videos I want in different ways. However this os more work for each video. I can use a screen resording software like recordmydesktop for the video, but use something like Audacity for recodring the voice of the game and my voice. Then edit the video after it is complete. This will require some tinkering around though. If option 2 does not work, then I will have to get Windows.