Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello dear linux-experts sorry for the newbie-question: i have two notebooks one is running opensuse 12.2 - this is my day-to-day-notebook with all the necessary things such as thunderbird and ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

how to setup thunderbird with enigmail and gnupg2 & kgpg on suse 12.3

Hello dear linux-experts

sorry for the newbie-question: i have two notebooks

one is running opensuse 12.2 - this is my day-to-day-notebook with all the necessary things such as thunderbird and enigmail with pgp.

the second notebook currently is undergoing a fresh installation - where i allready have installed OpenSuse 12.3
    This is a fresh installation from groundup!

note: the one and only thing i want to import from a elder installation is thunderbird with enigmail:

- no mals, no data only the credentials and passwords

so i guess that have to do to port over the

~/.gnupg.

question does this folder ~/.gnupg contain the credentials?

Well i have setup the thunderbird fresh - via YAST:

just see the prerequesites as the following things - (with versions);

Thunderbird Version 17.0.5
    gpg2 - GnuPG 2; version 2.0.19-5.1.1.
    (GnuPG 2 is the successor of "GnuPG" or GPG. It provides: GPGSM, gpg-agent, and a keybox library. i 586 OpenSuse 12.3-1.7 ; priority 99 )
    libassuan0 - IPC library used by GnuPG version 2 version 2.0.3-2.1.1 i586 OpenSuse 12.3-1.7 ; priority 99
    libgpgme11 - a library, that allows the interaction of programmes with GnuPG version 1.3.2-2.1.1
    libgpg-error0 - Library That Defines Common Error Values for All GnuPG Components; version 1.10 - 9.1.1

So all of the above mentioned stuff i have installed. How to proceed now!?

Note; i want to work with kgpg to manage the key sets - and not with openPGP - is this possible?

look forward to hear from you

greetings

Trusted Penguin
    Quote Originally Posted by sayhello View Post
    so i guess that have to do to port over the

~/.gnupg.

question does this folder ~/.gnupg contain the credentials?
    That directory contains your PGP/GPG public and private key pair, if you have one. it also contains other possibly important files (such as "known_hosts" and "authorized_keys").

Note; i want to work with kgpg to manage the key sets - and not with openPGP - is this possible?
    KGpg is just a graphical front-end to GPG, which is an open source implementation of OpenPGP (which was created and is used by PGP, Inc.)...so you are good.