Find the answer to your Linux question:
hi, I'm currently trying to install some drivers for my tv usb as per linux tv wiki for PCTV nano stick (sorry not allowed to post URLs yet) . However ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Question i2c-id.h no such file

hi,

I'm currently trying to install some drivers for my tv usb as per linux tv wiki for PCTV nano stick (sorry not allowed to post URLs yet) .

However I've come across some issues, currently i'm getting the error can't find linux/i2c-id.h. Looking on the internet this has been deprecated from the ic2 group. Can i just change this to ic2.h? Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks

Gemma
    Last edited by supergirlgem; 07-29-2013 at 06:58 AM.

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Maybe? On my RHEL 6.4 system I see /usr/include/linux/ic2.h and ic2-dev.h. Give it a try. It may be that the drivers you are trying to build are not compatible with your kernel - which is?
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Just Joined!
    Hi,

It's linux-headers-3.2.0-48-generic. I followed the instructions on the linuxtv wiki and used the following line to install the linux kernel sudo apt-get install linux-headers-$(uname -r). The internet says the file i need i2c-id.h is no longer within i2c.

In file included from /home/username/v4l-dvb/v4l/flexcop-common.h:12:0,
    from /home/username/v4l-dvb/v4l/flexcop-pci.c:10:
    /home/username/v4l-dvb/v4l/compat.h:8:26: fatal error: linux/i2c-id.h: No such file or directory

Any ideas?
    Last edited by supergirlgem; 07-29-2013 at 02:11 PM.

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    It is as I suspected. You are trying to build a driver that is not compatible with your kernel, or recent ones. You need to check with the driver and/or hardware provider to see if they have a more up-to-date driver for you to build.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!