Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi there, I am using the rpmforge repository to install vlc - however I keep receiving this error and for the life of me cannot not find where this might ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

vlc install problem

Hi there,

I am using the rpmforge repository to install vlc - however I keep receiving this error and for the life of me cannot not find where this might be in a package!
    In suggestions would be gratefully received! thank you.

Error: Package: dirac-1.0.2-1.el6.rf.x86_64 (rpmforge)
    Requires: libcppunit-1.12.so.1()(64bit)

Linux Guru
    You are better off installing programs from the repositories of whichever Linux distribution you are using and the package manager it uses. You don't mention which of the hundreds of different Linux distributions you are using so no more detail is possible.

What exactly did you do to get that message?

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by yancek View Post
    You are better off installing programs from the repositories of whichever Linux distribution you are using and the package manager it uses. You don't mention which of the hundreds of different Linux distributions you are using so no more detail is possible.

What exactly did you do to get that message?
    cat /etc/*release
    CentOS release 6.4 (Final)

uname -r
    3.10.0-1.el6.elrepo.x86_64

Thanks for your help with this! I thought vlc wasn't available in the default cent repos though?
    // J

Just Joined!
    libcppunit-* is part of the package 'cppunit' (see RPM Search libcppunit-1.12.so.1()(64bit)). But I have installed vlc on my PC (Fedora19) whitout package 'cppunit' and that works.

Did you use 'yum' or 'rpm' to install vlc? Maybe a wrong version of cppunit is already installed?