Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am struggling to create a domain controller in linux.I have installed a ldap server and a DNS server in two different machine.I want to install DC to a different ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Ldap domain controller

I am struggling to create a domain controller in linux.I have installed a ldap server and a DNS server in two different machine.I want to install DC to a different machine.I have dns server with manual entry.Can anyone tell me how to configure DNS server which will fetch the data from ldap entry ( I mean DNS server use the host information from the LDAP server)and install a samba domain controller too.I am not sure whether I need a DNS server in the same machine to configure a domain controller.

I am going to elaborate the scenario.My ldap entry is given below
    ldap.jpg

I have two linux servers arka.keross.com(RHEL) and centos.keross.com and a workstation arkawin7.keross.com. LDAP server is installed in centos.keross.com amd DNS server is installed in arka.keross.com. I want it like i will be able to log into win7 with keross.com domain and arka misra(LDAP entry user) user.I need to somehow correlate LDAP,DNS and samba I guess.Things in google is very confusing.

Please suggest.
    Last edited by aaaaaarko; 09-01-2013 at 07:16 AM.

Just Joined!
    I think this link will be very helpful. Especially if you ever want to integrate this with an AD domain. the samba 4 release has really given new features. https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba_AD_DC_HOWTO