Find the answer to your Linux question:
dear gentlemen guess that i need to create a new folder i get the following report: you have no /root/Downloads the background ; well all is needed to get citrix-client ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

you have no /root/Downloads - so what ?

dear gentlemen

guess that i need to create a new folder

i get the following report:

you have no /root/Downloads

the background; well all is needed to get citrix-client onto the linux opensuse 12.3

i used this tutorial for the further steps.

How to Install Citrix Receiver for Linux 12.0 on openSUSE 12.1 | http://www.itswapshop.com
    To download Citrix Receiver, go to the download page and download the .rpm file for x86 systems:

Downloads - Citrix

To install Citrix Receiver, dependencies, and make Firefox's certificates available to Citrix, run these commands (this assumes you downloaded the .rpm package into the Download folder):

sudo zypper addrepo -f Index of /pub/linux/packman/suse/12.1 packman
    sudo zypper refresh
    cd ~/Downloads
    wget http://www.openmotif.org/files/publi...e10.3.i586.rpm
    sudo zypper install ./openmotif-2.3.3-1.suse10.3.i586.rpm ./ICAClient-12.0.0-0.i386.rpm ffmpeg
    sudo cp /usr/share/ca-certificates/mozilla/* /opt/Citrix/ICAClient/keystore/cacerts
    well i think i have an issue - i have no folder that is called /root/Downloads:
    see the last line - which says this... - should i create one!?

linux-70ce:/home/martin # sudo zypper refresh
    Metadaten von Repository 'Packman' werden abgerufen .................................................. .................................................. ....................[fertig]
    Zwischenspeicher für Repository 'Packman' wird erzeugt .................................................. .................................................. .................[fertig]
    Repository 'M17N' ist aktuell.
    Metadaten von Repository 'packman' werden abgerufen .................................................. .................................................. ....................[fertig]
    Zwischenspeicher für Repository 'packman' wird erzeugt .................................................. .................................................. .................[fertig]
    Repository 'openSUSE-12.3-Non-Oss' ist aktuell.
    Repository 'openSUSE-12.3-Oss' ist aktuell.
    Repository 'openSUSE-12.3-Update' ist aktuell.
    Repository 'openSUSE-12.3-Update-Non-Oss' ist aktuell.
    Alle Repositories wurden aktualisiert.
    linux-70ce:/home/martin # cd ~/Downloads
    bash: cd: /root/Downloads: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
    the last line says - you have no /root/Downloads

well - do you think that i have to create one....

Linux Guru
    well - do you think that i have to create one
    You could, although usually the root user has a Downloads directory by default. Another thing you could do is to change to the /home/martin/Downloads directory. The command used above "cd ~/Downloads is run as root user and looking for the Downloads in the root user directory.

Linux Newbie
    hi yancek

great to read this.

Quote Originally Posted by yancek View Post
    You could, although usually the root user has a Downloads directory by default. Another thing you could do is to change to the /home/martin/Downloads directory. The command used above "cd ~/Downloads is run as root user and looking for the Downloads in the root user directory.
    How to creat this via console? Which command do we need?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    I don't use SuSE anymore, but citrix receiver I have only ever installed in user mode - using a separate user for that purpose only.