Find the answer to your Linux question:
I've been trying to install Windows XP on a VirtualBox machine, I have the windows XP installation on an ISO. Every time I try to install it on the machine ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

VirtualBox keeps crashing when installing a new OS

I've been trying to install Windows XP on a VirtualBox machine, I have the windows XP installation on an ISO.
    Every time I try to install it on the machine everything goes fine until some moment during when the installation copies files on to the virtual hard drive. The system crushes and the entire system (Not only the virtual machine) reboots.
    I have no idea how to even start trying to fix this. What should I do?

Linux Guru
    What is the host system?
    How old/new is the hardware?
    Have you successfully used VirtualBox previously to install any system?
    Define crashes. It just stops and reboots without any input?

Just Joined!
    The host system is Kubuntu. The hardware is brand new, I bought it just a few months ago. I tried to install other OSs than Windows XP they all crashed the same way (all of them were Windows)
    The computer simply reboots, Sometimes just before it reboots the installation on the machine shows a blue screen saying something like "Windows shut down the installation in order to prevent damage to your computer"

Linux Guru
    The only windows version I've used on VirtualBox is windows 8 which was problematic. Googling 'installing xp in VirtualBox' got me a lot of hits. You might try that or try a windows forum since it is basically a problem with windows. Seems like a strange warning message?

Just Joined!
    That CD worked find when I tried to install it on a regular computer so the problem is with VirtualBox.
    And the warning message seemed pretty common