Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am just learning to set up Claws Mail and have a few email accounts. I would like to know the best way to set this up. Appreciate any help ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

Claws Mail

I am just learning to set up Claws Mail and have a few email accounts. I would like to know the best way to set this up.
    Appreciate any help

Thanks

Might help, might not. I don't run multiple email accounts.

Claws Mail - Documentation
    Linux Registered User # 475019
    Lead,Follow, or get the heck out of the way. I Have a Masters in Raising Hell
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home

It depends on how separate you want to keep things. You can use different linux user accounts and then login to each to access emails when needed. That should be straight forward, and give the greatest separation of information. You can email between accounts, and copy information between linux user accounts.

You can setup more than one account to be accessed from a single linux user account. If you do this then it's worth setting up separate mail box for each with folders for inbox (see configuration settings in receive), sent etc (see configuration settings in advanced) for each mail box.

For Gmail account I have a Gmail-Mail folder with subfolders for inbox, sent, queue, draft, trash. For Virgin account I have Virgin-Mail folder with subfolders for inbox, sent, queue, draft, trash ... this arrangement worked quite well for me