Find the answer to your Linux question:
So is UNetbootin only good at making Ubuntu Distros persistent or will it work for Debian and off shoots like Mint too? Thanks....
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

UNetbootin and Persistence?

So is UNetbootin only good at making Ubuntu Distros persistent or will it work for Debian and off shoots like Mint too? Thanks.

Linux Guru
    Don't know about Debian but it definitely works with Mint and should work with pretty much any Ubuntu derivative. I've used it with Kubuntu, Mint, Bodhi and I think a few others.
    You can also use the Ubuntu usb-creator-gtk for most Ubuntu derivatives which have a casper directory in the / of the iso. You should be able to find detailed instructions at the Ubuntu forums.

I just wondered because I'd like to do a persistent install of Point Linux which is Debian based and Ubuntu is a derivative of Debian too so that's why I wonder if Debian would be persistent too.

Linux Guru
    The two links below describe methods for doing this. Neither uses unetbootin. The second uses pendrivelinux. Either of these 'should' work if you have the Linux Mint Debian Edition, while unetbootin will work with the standard Mint with a casper directory.

Creating a Debian Live USB Flash Drive with Persistence for Non-Techies | Linux.com
    Install Debian Live to a Flash Drive from Windows | USB Pen Drive Linux