Find the answer to your Linux question:
As the title suggests, I've been looking for a screen recorder that records the output sound of the speakers instead of the input sound of the microphones. This is mainly ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Question Screen Recorder that records output sound

As the title suggests, I've been looking for a screen recorder that records the output sound of the speakers instead of the input sound of the microphones. This is mainly because I want to be able to record the audio coming directly from the computer to get a better quality sound.

So far I've been using recordmydesktop-gtk, however, I'm not sure if I can configure this feature here. I did notice that you can configure the input audio device, however, I'm not sure if I could direct it to the speakers. But if you have a way of making recordmydesktop record audio directly from my computer, it would make my life much easier.

Thanks in advanced!

Short of hooking up a external speaker and pointing it at the mic. You will have to learn how to use

alsa.opensrc.org

alsa.opensrc.org

and sorry. I am not proficient in setting up dmix or dsnoop. I just get my hardware working and live with what I have.

Code:
    ffmpeg -f alsa -ac 2 -i hw:0,0 -f x11grab -s 1366x768 -r 25 -i :0.0 -sameq /home/harry/Video/test2.avi
    Linux Registered User # 475019
    Lead,Follow, or get the heck out of the way. I Have a Masters in Raising Hell
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home

Well, I solved it! Turns out you can use a program called Kazam or even use RecordMyDesktop. If you use RecordMyDesktop you have to install the pulseaudio sound program (I can't remember the package in the Debian repositories), and in RecordMyDesktop settings set the device to pulse. Then open the pulseaudio program when recording and change the recording source (or whatever it's called) it the managed built-in audio thing. Sorry if this description is vague, but you can find it easily online.