Find the answer to your Linux question:
Dear all, I am trying to connect a serial connector to the my Tower connector device and try to communicate with that. When i start that the minicom terminal is ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

minicom

Dear all,

I am trying to connect a serial connector to the my Tower connector device and try to communicate with that. When i start that the minicom terminal is working fine but when it takes the input, it is taking as garbage values.Why is it so. Please let me know. Please find the attchment
    Attached Images Attached Images

Trusted Penguin
    Hello and welcome, syedjavidali!

I've moved your post to the Applications forum, where it'll hopefully get more eyes on it.

Trusted Penguin
    Quote Originally Posted by syedjavidali View Post
    When i start that the minicom terminal is working fine but when it takes the input, it is taking as garbage values.Why is it so.
    What kind of cable are you using b/t the serial port and the tower? Is it a standard null modem DB9 cable?

Have you properly set the baud rate, data/stop bits, parity, and flow control, per the specs of the device to which you are connecting?

Linux Engineer
    As somone else just said, you need to check the settings. Also try connecting with a different application, I prefer gnu Screen for it's awesome simplicity ( screen /dev/ttyUSB0 for a usb serial connector)