Find the answer to your Linux question:
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Rubberman
Hi! I am using Arch Linux. I wrote before about a bug with long url in arora bookmarks that I could find and fix (just remove that long url). But ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Exclamation Arora more bugs

Hi!
    I am using Arch Linux.
    I wrote before about a bug with long url in arora bookmarks that I could find and fix (just remove that long url). But now I have more quiestions about new bugs/errors with Arora.

1 first bug)
    When I activate Java in the Firefox then I getting this error when I am using Arora.
    Code:
    $arora
    java version "1.7.0_45"
    OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea 2.4.3) (ArchLinux build 7.u45_2.4.3-1-x86_64)
    OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 24.45-b08, mixed mode)
    Segmentation fault (core dumped)
    I am getting "Segmentation fault (core dumped)" after I closed Arora.

2 secound bug)
    After I start Arora in the WindowMaker then it takes sometime untill I can write someting in a text fields, in the adress bar too. I can click anywhere in already opened tabs from last session, and can create new tabs but unaible to write anyting for a few minutes. ! This hapen only in WindowMaker but not in other WindowManagers, tested in OpenBox,IceWM, XFCE.

I hope you can help me and I hope that I wrote this in the right topic.

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    This may be a but in the OpenJDK runtime JVM since if it was a simple java bug it would appear as an unhandled exception instead of a segfault. Try installing the "official" Oracle Java 1.7 and making that your default JVM instead.
    Andy_Crowd likes this.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Rubberman View Post
    This may be a but in the OpenJDK runtime JVM since if it was a simple java bug it would appear as an unhandled exception instead of a segfault. Try installing the "official" Oracle Java 1.7 and making that your default JVM instead.
    Thank you! It helps.. now working good and no problem with waiting for writing to a text fields from the begin and no errors when I close it. But Java does'nt work in Arora, I tested with Java online games and other test websites for Java.

I found more about Arora bugs on the code.google.com ... bugs that I have
    "Issue 688: arora can not recognize utf8 on bookmark html import" and it was'nt about url lenght as I thought before.
    And few Java bugs when Java does'nt work. Still unfixed

I hope that they will make it work better soon. My lovely Arora is too buggy. I used it a lot in Windows before I completely changed to Linux on all of my computers. Linux Mint on a latop and Arch on my PC.... Fedora could not support my printer .On the EEE PC I have GRML for Fun