Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi All, In Short, I want to do what this guy has done on youtube (this forum restricts me from posting the url, so search on google for "Dialing into ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Dial into Raspberry Pi and hit the terminal?

Hi All,

In Short, I want to do what this guy has done on youtube (this forum restricts me from posting the url, so search on google for "Dialing into a raspberry pi at 300baud" and the top link - the 6mins and 7 secs video is the one I'm trying to do.

This is my setup

Phone Line --- > USB Modem --- > Raspberry Pi

I want to dial the phone line, and hit the Raspberry Pi on the terminal. How do I do this? So far I have a zoom 3095 modem connected to the USB, and using an app called minicom to make calls outbound, and I can also make a call inbound (on the minicom it just says RING everytime it is ringing). However, I want to actually use a dial up connection from home, to dial into the Raspberry Pi at work, and hit the terminal. I am really struggling to figure this out, so any help is much appreciated!
    Last edited by sg4rb0; 12-09-2013 at 12:01 PM.

Linux Newbie
    I don't mean to sound obvious. But, have you asked the owner of the YT video to teach you how to do it?

Linux Guru

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close