Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Hi! I played with themes and configuration and did something wrong somewhere and I cannot find out how to fix it back to normal. I attached an image on how ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Themes, confused -- help me fix

Hi!

I played with themes and configuration and did something wrong somewhere and I cannot find out how to fix it back to normal.

I attached an image on how my dwb webbrowser look like now...
    I tested some apps for themes that did'nt help, but I think that missed something. Played a lot and forgot how to make it back in a few days I cannot remmember how I did it
    I have installed xfce4,lxde,icewm.

Any advices about themes managers or configuration files that can help with it?
    Attached Images Attached Images

hello,
    what exactly did you play around with? editing files or using some gui?
    does it look like this only in dwb or in other (gtk?) applications, too?
    some parts of dwb use gtk settings.

I test both with config files and gui tools, in icwm I have a problem with a font size that I cannot fix back to normal. When I am using GTK gui utils then I can make some changes in a dwb look, but still unable to remove those black borders. I tested to reinstall dwb and gtk* and remove all gtkrc that i could find in the /usr/ and /home/ . But someting still is missing.

Quote Originally Posted by nihili View Post
    does it look like this only in dwb or in other (gtk?) applications, too?
    did you really remove all gtkrc files from /usr/? how exactly did you do that?

please post all your ~/.gtkrc* files (if you still have them) and dwb's config!

i think this might be connected to the problems described in your other thread about lxappearance & co.

did you really remove all gtkrc files from /usr/? how exactly did you do that?

please post all your ~/.gtkrc* files (if you still have them) and dwb's config!

i think this might be connected to the problems described in your other thread about lxappearance & co.
    Code:
    find / -name gtkrc
    find / | grep -i gtkrc
    I do'nt know where more info about themes can be saved.

I changed name of the themes folder in the /usr/share/
    And I did'nt touch file in folders like: /usr/lib/vmware-installer/2.1.0/lib/libconf/etc/gtk-2.0/gtkrc
    Last edited by Andy_Crowd; 12-14-2013 at 06:55 PM.

- the code you provided doesn't delete anything
    - you still didn't answer all my questions

- if you just start doing random things on your system, disregarding - amongst many other things - the warning you get when you first use sudo, don't be surprised if things break.

- the code you provided doesn't delete anything
    - you still didn't answer all my questions
    The code was about to find what I need and then I can use "rm -fr" for removing of items that I want. It is more safer then if I will do total blind autoremove of something that look like "same" for the script.

- if you just start doing random things on your system, disregarding - amongst many other things - the warning you get when you first use sudo, don't be surprised if things break.
    I know how to manage some problems, and I focus on the one kind of test at the time. On linux minit cinnamon I did clean up down to the kernel and up to the GUI back.

I am done with tests of the WindowMaker,OpenBox,BlackBox,FluxBox,XFCE,KDE. I am testing how good they are what kind of tools and extra apps for managing. I realy do'nt like using of the GNOME-desktop (I feel me a little "handicapped" in it). And I am done with tesing of the Fedora linux... I know how stable it is... it is "bulletproof" and bad driver support... could not get my printer work even when I installed drivers...it was a common bug in Fedora.... my mouse stopped work sometimes after the first kernel upgrade... but when I removed some of the systemfiles it restored them back on next start up of it or if an app depends on them.

I need to know:
    1)How it starts,2)ConfigHotKeys,3)Autostars,4)Themes,5)Widg ets/plugins
    And of course configuration tools and HowTos config files for them. On the way I am finding more usefull apps for me.. tilda,lilyterm.terminator. And more about system managing tools and debugging.

All that I have left is:
    LXDE and a few gui (python) config tools for the IceWM.
    After that I will continue with a servers(samba,ftp,apache,...)... I had no need to use them so much before... and will coding some apps soon....
    When I will upgrade my PC I will run more OS's in the VMWare.

BTW
    dwb and luakit(have just intalled) have exact same problems and both of them are VIM commands related. soon I will solve the problem.... they are using something close related for the GUI and webkit... other programs have'nt problems like two of them... GTK theme configuration apps that I could test so far could not solve all problems related to those two webbrowsers.
    Last edited by Andy_Crowd; 12-15-2013 at 03:56 AM.

Exclamation GTK Theme Input BOX Border Width & Color

How can I set a color and width of the borders in an GKT Theme?

I have 2 lightweight browsers

DWB and LuaKit with the same problem.
    Borders are of the same width and the same color around the input boxes.

1) Both of them are WebKit based
    2) Both of them has a VIM like navigation shortcuts keys
    3) Both of them has a "smiliar" in browser GUI configuration
    4) Both of them has no a drop menu options like firefox, opera, ...
    5) Both of them has no GUI toolbar for a navigarion as firefox, midori,...
    6) !!! Both of them has the same problem with the same color and border width around input boxes/fields

7) Other webbrowsers has'nt those problems

PLEASE HELP ME TO SOLVE THE PROBLEM
    ------------
    Yes, I did a misstake by forgeting to notice where I did the changes. And now I am counting on your help.
    Last edited by Andy_Crowd; 12-15-2013 at 03:30 PM.

from this and your other thread i get the impression that you started messing around in your install in very irresponsible ways, randomly deleting files as sudo, and other incomprehensible things.
    all the time being very confident that you know it all.
    you have not answered some questions nor given any sign of following my suggestions.

do not count on my help.
    do your homework.

You might want to do a re-install, and then keep careful notes of the changes you make.
    Registered Linux user #526930

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast