Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes
Originally Posted by TNFrank Right now I'm trying to get dump1090 working so I can track aircraft with my SDR dongle. That'd be uber cool if I can get it ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Quote Originally Posted by TNFrank View Post
    Right now I'm trying to get dump1090 working so I can track aircraft with my SDR dongle. That'd be uber cool if I can get it installed and working.
    Bummer all the software Snubs is using is windows, the software she used for tracking aircraft was nice.

There's plenty of stuff for Linux, it's just it's sometimes hard to get all the Dependencies set up for the install. That's why I went with Kali Linux 1.0.6, it has all the SDR stuff installed out of the box to it basically works except for the airplane tracking stuff, not sure why it's not working. It shows that it's installed, just can't get things up and running BUT Gqrx does work like a charm so I can listen to radio stations until my hearts content.
    The Kali installer isn't as easy as Ubuntu or even the "normal" Debian installer but if you can figure it out you could always dual boot Kali with your main Distro so you could go into Kali for your SDR goodness.

Late last night I installed GNU Radio but appears more learning curve than I wanted late. So I install Quisk and that started working still have to learn how to use it, but was able to scan around and play with it. So know the hardware works so now to study. Will try to get Kali on my other laptop and check out its SDR support.

I tried using Quisk but ran into too many dependency issues to get it working. The pre-installed Gqrx is stupid simple to use and works pretty well. I just wish Kali would get their adsb stuff fixed. I did find this web site to track a plane once you get it's call sign from listening to traffic on the 124MHz band.
    https://flightaware.com/live/ so I can at least watch something, LOL.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2