Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Video call on facebook...

Good staff ...
    I'm trying to make a video call through facebook but I do not get it, someone gives me a hand?
    Be well.

Linux Guru
    More details are needed. First, are you using Linux and if so which of the 700+ distributions are you using? What exactly have you tried to make a video call through facebook and what happened when you tried?

Excuse my fault.
    I'm using Ubuntu 14.04 alpha2, facebook or the symbol of the webcam appears to do video calling.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Newbie
    Hello, thank you for writing. Do you get any error code when trying? Have you tried executing the browser from terminal only with FB site opened to see if you get any errors?

I get no error message because it does not even show me the symbol of the webcam.

Linux Guru
    I'm using Ubuntu 14.04 alpha2,
    Since you have volunteered to test this pre-release version of Ubuntu, the thing to do is to gather as much information as possible and notify the people at Ubuntu of the problems you encountered so they hopefully can remedy them before the actual release for public use of Ubuntu 14.04.

And the final version will be out of a webcam on facebook that even be released? There will be someone or some program able to solve this bug?

Quote Originally Posted by cybernetico View Post
    Good staff ...
    I'm trying to make a video call through facebook but I do not get it, someone gives me a hand?
    Be well.
    In order to make video calls through Facebook, an addin is required but the only version of the addin is for Windows. You need to install the addin but with no Linux version you can't do it
    . I don't know if running a browser under Wine will work.
    For video calls under linux, I use Skype which works good.

Ok, thanks for the reply. Does 14:04 Ubuntu comes with this supplement?

Linux Guru
    Does 14:04 Ubuntu comes with this supplement?
    If you mean Skype, then the answer is no. Skype is proprietary software which is owned by Microsoft Corporation. For an explanation of why it is not included with Linux and how to install it on Ubuntu, see the link below. I used this method about a month ago to install it on Ubuntu and Linux Mint and it was without problems.

Does 14:04 Ubuntu comes with this supplement?