Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi all, Ubuntu 12.04 desktop 64bit / Debian 7.3 64bit I'm searching for a package to capture online video such as Youtube and video on newspager etc. Google search brought ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Guru

Video capture software

Hi all,

Ubuntu 12.04 desktop 64bit / Debian 7.3 64bit

I'm searching for a package to capture online video such as Youtube and video on newspager etc.

Google search brought me "Guvcview" on following links;
    Anything better than Cheese for video capture?
    webcam - Anything better than Cheese for video capture? - Ask Ubuntu

Are there any other recommendation? Thanks

Rgds
    satimis

Just Joined!
    Honestly, it's possible that your best bet may be a browser addon. Depending on your internet browser, check out the addons for the browser and you're sure to find a few extensions that will work for you.

Linux Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanEll View Post
    Honestly, it's possible that your best bet may be a browser addon. Depending on your internet browser, check out the addons for the browser and you're sure to find a few extensions that will work for you.
    Hi,

I have "Download Helper" addon installed already. I need video capture function NOT only download.

What I expect is "the package works as a recorder". I can start/stop it manually. So I can stop recording those unwanted sections.

satimis

Just Joined!
    Ok, in that case, here's a post from the Linux Mint forum listing some screen capture programs, if that's what you want: Screen video capture for Linux - Linux Mint Community

Linux Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanEll View Post
    Ok, in that case, here's a post from the Linux Mint forum listing some screen capture programs, if that's what you want: Screen video capture for Linux - Linux Mint Community
    Thanks

satimis