Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Installed Chromium just to give another web browser a try. Been using Firefox for so long I wanted to see what all the fuss was about over Chrome/Chromium. Seems to ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Giving Chromium a try.

Installed Chromium just to give another web browser a try. Been using Firefox for so long I wanted to see what all the fuss was about over Chrome/Chromium. Seems to be a blue million apps for it. Looks easy enough to get around on. Also seems very fast.
    Did some research on how to set it up to not cache anything but it seems that it's not that easy to do like Firefox where you just set the cache size to 0MB. Guess I'll figure it out though. Anyway, how many of ya'll are using Chromium vs Firefox or even both? Just wonder which you like and why?
    "Now, what y'all wanna do?
    Wanna be hackers? Code crackers? Slackers
    Wastin' time with all the chatroom yakkers?
    9 to 5, chillin' at Hewlett Packard?"

Just Joined!
    I use Chromium. To me it is just like Chrome, except the occasional bug. Very fast and lots of functionality.

I've been tweaking some of the settings to get better privacy. What are some of the cooler apps to run? I have AdBlock, what else would be good to run? In Firefox I always ran NoScript and Cookie Monster. Still wonder how to set up my cache to 0MB so it'll not write to my SSD as much.

I run it on MX-14 and my AntiX installs. It chaps my hide on how this forum reply box treats chromium.
    I've sent PM's about to admins on contact us.
    So they are aware.

I like the fact that mine uses pepper flash in chromium and uses 11.2 non-free in Iceweasel or Qupzilla separate like.
    Linux Registered User # 475019
    Lead,Follow, or get the heck out of the way. I Have a Masters in Raising Hell
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home

I noticed that. It IS a bit harder to reply using Chromium then with Firefox. Still, I'm surprised at how many apps are in the app store and that are free. Even browser based games.

I've tried cromium, but came back to firefox. Nothing wrong with it, just preferred firefox.
    Registered Linux user #526930

Firefox is a bit easier to tweak and set up. It's just that I'm not sure if I like Mozilla's politics right now and would like an alternative to Firefox.

I stopped using Chrome and Chromium about a year ago. It was getting slower and slower to load, fat pages would take forever to load and I also don't like how Google tracks every thing. At work I had to have all the browsers so using them all I went decided to go back to Firefox for my own use.
    A lion does not lose sleep, over the opinion of sheep.

Linux Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by docbop View Post
    I stopped using Chrome and Chromium about a year ago. It was getting slower and slower to load, fat pages would take forever to load and I also don't like how Google tracks every thing. At work I had to have all the browsers so using them all I went decided to go back to Firefox for my own use.
    I experienced literally the exact opposite situation. Until the web completely abandons flash player, I'm stuck with Chrome.

Being Linux,

I see no problem running anything from Qupzilla to Chromium.
    Choice is there.

When I go into a topless bar. I like choice.

Firefox,Iceweasel,Iceape,etc...................... .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ..........

Being controlled by others in not my druthers. But sometimes. You get what you need instead of getting what you want.
    Linux Registered User # 475019
    Lead,Follow, or get the heck out of the way. I Have a Masters in Raising Hell
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast