Find the answer to your Linux question:
....on pages that I choose, i.e it has to let ME do the frontend, and maybe even put in some Javascript if I feel like it. Is there one? Thanks....
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux User

Looking for CMS which will allow me to put in my OWN HTML and CSS

....on pages that I choose, i.e it has to let ME do the frontend, and maybe even put in some Javascript if I feel like it.

Is there one?

Thanks.

All the ones I know of you can do whatever you like. My last gig was a big Drupal shop and no problem using own code. I know Wordpress people you go under the hood. The auto-code generators are for non-techies who just want to generate a page fast, if you're a programs then study the architecture of the framework so you can add or modify whatever you want.
    A lion does not lose sleep, over the opinion of sheep.

Linux User
    Umm.. when you say "study" - how much work is involved exactly? I hate PHP, and don't want to wade around in it just because I want a beautiful site.

Quote Originally Posted by resetreset View Post
    Umm.. when you say "study" - how much work is involved exactly? I hate PHP, and don't want to wade around in it just because I want a beautiful site.
    If you don't like PHP you in deep sneakers most the popular tools use PHP. PHP is a easy to learn tool. If you don't like PHP they there is Ruby on Rails, or Python has Django. But any CMS you use to go beyond the autogenerated pages you have to study its archetecture so you know where to go in and subsitute in your own templates or code. Last resort you could just not use a content manager and write your own site any way your want.
    A lion does not lose sleep, over the opinion of sheep.

Linux Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by resetreset View Post
    No reason to hate PHP, it's a great language used by millions of successful websites.

You might be interested in learning a framework instead of trying to reverse engineer a CMS. Yii is pretty easy to get started with and will even help you generate SQL tables. If I was building a PHP application from scratch, I'd use Yii or another framework if Yii didn't meet my specific needs.